There are two custom recoveries being used mostly in android devices now a days, CockWorkMod (CWM) and TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). In this post I shall describe CWM recovery installation and provided recovery is purely based upon A6 stock revovery.
ClockWorkMod Recovery (CWM)
ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) is a replacement recovery option for Android devices, made by Koushik "Koush" Dutta. Features include Nandroid backup, adb shell, advanced update.zip options, and file browser for choosing update.zips etc. CWM is able to entirely replace the device's primary Android operating system by flashing a new ROM and other minor system updates, tweaks etc.
PROCEED AT YOUR OWN, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISHAP
DOWNLOAD LINKS ARE GIVEN AT THE END OF POST
Mostly two methods are used for installing CWM recovery. (i) By Mobile Uncle Tool app from within mobile, (ii) by SPflashtool from PC. However there is another method which is as simple as mobile uncle tool, "flash recovery via script". Those who are afraid of using SPflashtool or getting errors while SPflashtool usage can use third method. In this post I shall describe "Flash recovery via script" method.
INSTALLATION VIA SCRIPT
1. Device drivers must be installed on PC
if drivers not installed you can follow this link for installation http://www.droidbeans.com/how-to-instal ... id-device/
2. USB Debugging must be ON in phone setting, if phone is in working condition. In case phone is bricked switch to recovery mod.
to go to recovery mod power off phone --> remove battery for a while and put back --> press both volume keys then press power button and keep these 3 buttons pressed until screen show up, select recovery mod. highlighted option is select able, pressing volume up/down keys will scroll through options and pressing power button will select highlighted option.
3. Device must be rooted
to root your device visit this link Root Noir A6
1. Download "Flash_Script_Recovery_Scorpio6ix.rar" (link at the end of post). It has flash script, A6 revovery .img file, and Noir A8, A10 recovery .img files.
this script is also applicable to flash recovery on other Mediatek mt65xx devices too with same procedure.
2. Extract the package. Rename A6 recovery img file to recovery.img only, bcz script reads only this name format. let recovery.img be present in same folder as of script.
If you want to flash recovery on other mt65xx devices by this method rename respective recovery img files to recovery.img and let that present in same folder as of script prior to running script. If you have more than one recovery files only rename the one which is to flash (to recovery.img), keep the rest with different file names.
3. Run script file "flashit.bat" as an administrator. right click on script file and select "Run as administrator"
4. Connect device to PC via USB cable.
5. Follow the instructions appearing on screen.
You have CWM recovery installed now.